NATIONAL ASSEMBLY’S SILENCE ON THE $9.3M ARMS SCANDAL DEAFENING – by: Williams Adeleye
HERE ARE SOME REVELATIONS
1. The exact amount is really $10 million
2. The money belongs to President Jonathan himself
3. The plane departed from the Presidential wing of the airport.
4. The office of the NSA using the airport commandant facilitated the entire process
4. The Customs are not present at the Presidential wing of the airport.
5. The aircraft and its passengers could therefore not be cleared by Customs.
6. The money was meant to buy a helicopter and there is strong suspicion that aircraft was meant to aid the insurgents.
Posers for Mr President?
1. To which arm of government or security does the $10 million belong?
2. Who appropriated the $10 million and for what purpose.
3. We are aware that each arm of security has an account with the CBN for the purpose of arms purchase and such transactions are properly documented, why was this not the case in this instance?
4. Our checks have confirmed that there is no arm of the security that has requested for an helicopter so who was the helicopter meant for?
5. Is this how arms are purchased over the counter?
6. How come that it took the Federal Government a whole ten days to admit its involvement in this scandal?
7.Does this saga not give credence to the widely held view that you are benefitting from the the Boko Haram insurgency and that you have deliberately allowed it to escalate to this level
8. Has this saga not confirmed the suspicion that your 2015 reelection bid had been factored into your handling of the Boko Haram insurgency?
9. Has this saga not given more credence to Dr Davis revelations that the sponsors of Boko Haram are those close to the President?
10. Has this saga not finally confirmed that the President knows more than he is telling the nation about the sudden escalation of the Boko Haram insurgency especially in the run up to the 2015 elections?
11. Has this saga not confirmed that powerful sources in the GEJ administration are all working in concert to use the Boko Haram insurgency to secure tenure extension for President Jonathan?
12. Is it not clear now why the Senate President infamously declared two days ago that election is not on the table, we are in a state of war?
13. Has APC not been proven right now when they declared in the panel discussion in the House of Commons on September 8 that the GEJ administration will cash in on the Boko Haram insurgency to postpone elections?
14. Mr President please ask your spokespersons to stop ridiculing Nigeria in the comity of nations. How can they say that entering a foreign country with undeclared $10 million dollars is merely procedural error. Mr President South Africa is not Nigeria where stealing is not corruption.
15. If entering a country with undeclared $10 million is mere procedural error why was Sule Lamido’s son convicted for not declaring a mere $50,000 dollars at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport?
16. Mr President how can you be promoting a cashless policy at home and be exporting 10 million cash abroad?
17. Mr President your spokespersons lied when they said CIA, FBI, Mossad etc also travel abroad with undeclared cash violating the laws of foreign countries to buy arms
18. Mr President only gangsters and terrorists conduct their businesses in this manner.
19. Nigerians expect you to come clean to them on this issue
20. National Assembly your silence on this matter is deafening! Please,pass it on to all your contacts we shouldnt allow this issue to die just like that.